White Glove Black Tie – Etiquette Class (9 – 18 Y/Os)
Join Sarah Berto with Confidence with Etiquette as she teaches participants to set the table for a three-course meal, how to behave at the table, and eat with/use different utensils. Your child will learn how to make others feel comfortable at informal/formal gatherings, and how to dress and behave at these events. This class will run for 3 weeks on Saturday, February 19, 26 & March 5, 1:00pm – 2:30pm.
This course will cover:
- How to take care of ourselves by talking about attitude, appreciation, believing in and being proud of ourselves, dressing for different occasions, practicing good posture, having a good handshake with good eye contact, listening and beginning conversations
- How to take care of the world/other’s property we talk about being mindful: not wasting, recycling, reusing, why it is important to eat properly. We set the table for a three course meal using porcelain dinnerware, proper cutlery cloth napkins and glasses. We serve each other food, we decorate the table accordingly, learn how to eat: soup, bread and butter, salad, a protein and vegetables, and a crusty dessert. We learn to clean up the place before leaving.
- How to take care of others: thinking first about the other person by paying attention, listening with good eye contact, making conversation, and at the table when passing food, and waiting to eat, being appreciative, not using technology at the table, how to answer a phone away from the table etc.
AGES: 9 Years Old and Up!
Please notify Libby Johnson of any food allergies: Libby@gortoncenter.org
This class runs Saturdays, February 19 – March 5, 1:00pm – 2:30pm
Gorton Community Center is proud to prioritize safety throughout our building. Gorton follows all state of Illinois and CDC guidelines with regard to COVID-19. Following is a summary of current mitigations:
– Patrons must wear a mask in the building regardless of vaccination status
– Social Distancing is encouraged
– Gorton continues to utilize best practices during regular building cleaning
Gorton has Installed active ionic oxidation air purifiers on Gorton’s heating and cooling systems to purify the air and kill airborne pathogens. Gorton Community Center puts the health and safety of our patrons and staff first. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Gorton Center with any questions or concerns at gortoncenter.org
Gorton Community Center will take and may use photos and videos from this event for its promotional purposes. Your attendance indicates your consent to the above.
By purchasing a ticket to an event at Gorton, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and/or I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending or participating in a program, event or activity and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at Gorton may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Gorton employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my or my child(ren)’s attendance at Gorton or participation in a Gorton program, event or activity (“Claims”). On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Gorton, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of Gorton, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any program, event or activity that took place at Gorton.
Artists, dates, times, prices and fees are subject to change.