Plan Your Event
Our Event Coordinators are delighted to help you plan your presentation, special event, or performance. Whether it’s your wedding reception in the Stuart Community Room, your concert in the John & Nancy Hughes Theater, or your business meeting in the 1861 Room, the Gorton Community Center team will provide you with strong support and exceptional personal service to assure an outstanding event.
- What is your vision for the event?
- How many attendees are you expecting?
- What is your preferred date?
- What is your budget?
- Contact the Event Coordinators, Krista Hanson or Martha ReQua, to discuss your event needs and goals.
- Schedule a meeting with the Event Coordinators to tour our facility and discuss your event details.
- Request and review your rental contract.
- Return your signed contract with deposit to secure the space.
- Work with Event Coordinators and Technical Production Manager to prepare your ideal set-up by creating a floor plan and requesting technical equipment.
- Meet with the Technical Production Manager if you are in need of technical equipment and/or labor.
- If your event is open to the public, Gorton staff can post your event on our website.
If you are serving alcohol at your event, a City of Lake Forest liquor license is required. Our Event Coordinators can provide the application.
Follow Up After the Event
Gorton Community Center values your opinion. Please expect our Event Coordinators to contact you to review your event. Thank you for having your event at Gorton!