Your child will join Mrs. B (Sarah Berto with Confidence with Etiquette) and spend an hour of fun preparing a plate of eats, setting a tea table, and then dressing up in hats/ties/bows and other accessories. This sets the atmosphere for learning how to sit, behave, serve and talk politely at the table. At the end of each tea party students learn how to clear the table, wash up the china crockery, leaving the place in the same condition as we found it.
The children learn:
– How to take care of fragile things by setting the table for tea using porcelain teapots, plates, demi-tass cups and saucers etc. They become invested in what they will be learning by putting the finishing touches to something home-made,
– How to take care of themselves, by dressing up in hats, boas and bow ties, and learn how to sit around a tea table.
– How to care for others at the table through 12 different social and table etiquette skills (like please and thank you, passing food, not stretching, chewing properly etc.
This class runs on Saturday, November 20 from 9am – 10am. Please notify Libby Johnson if your child has any allergies (Libby@nullgortoncenter.org)
Gorton Center prioritizes the health and safety of both patrons and staff throughout our building:
– Masks are required for everyone 2+ regardless of vaccination status per State of Illinois mandate
– Social Distancing is encouraged
– Gorton continues to utilize best practices during regular building cleaning
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or concerns at 847.234.6060
Gorton Center will take and may use photos and videos from this event for its promotional purposes. Your attendance indicates your consent to the above.