Virtually Gorton: College Essay Workshop with Alice Moody via Zoom
GET A HEAD START ON YOUR COLLEGE APPLICATIONS!
WRITING YOUR PERSONAL STATEMENT FOR THE COMMON APP
Saturday, August 8 and Sunday, August 9 from 11-12PM
Cost: $100 for 2-day session
A WORKSHOP FOR THE CLASS OF 2021
- Enjoy a fast-paced and fun, two-hour (spread over two days) virtual workshop
- Overcome the hardest part of the essay — getting started!
- Learn how to add dimension, character and personality to your writing
- Walk out the door confident, full of ideas and with the beginning of a rough draft
Topics covered, include:
- What colleges want to know (and do not want to know)
- Brainstorming with immediate feedback
- A foolproof way to write your rough draft
- What every narrative story must have
- Finding your voice and making it memorable
- Show vs. tell
- 3-D writing and making your essay pop
About the instructor: Alice Moody, founder of Platinum Pen Consulting, is an experienced writer, editor, tutor, and workshop leader. As an essay writing coach, she has helped hundreds of students capture their authentic voice and write compelling essays.
How to INSTALL/DOWNLOAD Zoom:
Gorton Community Center will take and may use photos and videos from this event for its promotional purposes. Your attendance indicates your consent to the above.