- This event has passed.
SUMMER CAMPS FOR KIDS-PREVIEW 2020
Gorton Community Center offers a wide range of week-long summer camps for 2020. We focus on offering exceptional arts and culture to the community, and our summer camps embody that vision. Camps run from June to August and encompass a wide range of experiences – all taught by local, experienced professionals in our historic building in Lake Forest.
Our summer camp registration begins at 10am on March 11th. Check back daily as new camps are being added!
This year, campers will have the options to stay for lunch either before or after (or in between!) camps from 12pm – 1pm
- RoboThink Robotics Camp- June 15-19 from 1pm-4pm (ages 6-12)
- Art Camp with Periwinkle Studio – June 16, 17 and 18 from 10am-11:30am (ages 8 – 12)
- Etiquette Mini Camp- June 16, 17 and 18 from 11:30am-1pm (ages 7-12)
- Summer Cooking Camp- June 22-June 26 from 9am-noon (ages 6-9) and 1pm-4pm (ages 10-14)
- Sewing Camp “RED, WHITE & BLUE”-June 22-26 from 9am-12pm (ages 8-15)
- Film Camp with Improv Playhouse-June 22-26 from 9am-3pm (ages 8-14)
- Writing Camp for Teens with Alice Moody-June 29-July 2 from 10am-12pm (ages 13 and up)
- RoboThink Robotics Camp- July 6-10 from 1pm-4pm (ages 6-12)
- Sewing Camp “SLEEP UNDER” Sewing Camp-July 6-10 from 9am-12pm (ages 8-15)
- Art Camp – Mixed Media Fun With Acrylics!- July 6 -10 from 1pm-4pm (ages 7-14)
- RoboThink Robotics Camp- July 13-17 from 1pm-4pm (ages 6-12)
- Calligraphy Camp – July 13, 14 and 15 from 10am – 12pm (ages 7 – 14)
- Active Improv Camp-July 13 – 17 from 10am-12pm (ages 9-12)
- Sewing Camp “PROJECT RUNWAY” Sewing Camp-July 20-24 from 9am-12pm (ages 8-15)
- Art Camp with Periwinkle Studio – July 20 – 23 from 1pm-4pm
- Film Camp with Improv Playhouse-July 20-24 from 9am-3pm (ages 8-14)
- Art Camp – The Art of Animated Movie Characters!- July 27 – 31 from 1pm-4pm (ages 7-14)
- Sewing Camp “BACK TO SCHOOL” Sewing Camp-August 3-7 from 9am-noon (ages 8-15)
- Art Camp – Comic Book Creations! – August 3-7 from 1pm-4pm (ages 7-14)
- Writing Camp for Teens with Alice Moody-August 10-13 from 10am-noon (ages 13 and up)
Gorton Community Center will take and may use photos and videos from this event for its promotional purposes. Your attendance indicates your consent to the above.
By purchasing a ticket to an event at Gorton, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and/or I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending or participating in a Gorton program, event or activity and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at Gorton may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Gorton employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my or my child(ren)’s attendance at Gorton or participation in a Gorton program, event or activity (“Claims”). On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Gorton, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of Gorton, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any Gorton program, event or activity.