- This event has passed.
College Planning Workshop
FREE COLLEGE PLANNING WORKSHOP
Presented by WealthCreate Financial
In this workshop, you will learn:
- How to navigate the confusion caused by the recent FAFSA deadline changes
- How to send your child to an expensive private college for less than a state school
- How to pick the right schools that will give you the best financial aid packages
- How the U. S. Department of Education calculates your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and which assets are taken into consideration
- How to create a plan to pay for college in any economy without relying on 529 plans, expensive private student loans or raiding your retirement accounts
- How to lower your “out-of-pocket” costs and get the maximum amount of financial aid from each school
- How to increase your college-related tax deductions and tax credits
Gorton Community Center will take and may use photos and videos from this event for its promotional purposes. Your attendance indicates your consent to the above.
This event is sponsored by an outside party and does not necessarily reflect the views of Gorton Community Center.
By purchasing a ticket to an event at Gorton, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and/or I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending or participating in a Gorton program, event or activity and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at Gorton may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Gorton employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my or my child(ren)’s attendance at Gorton or participation in a Gorton program, event or activity (“Claims”). On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Gorton, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of Gorton, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any Gorton program, event or activity.