- This event has passed.
Annual Block Party 2019 Part of the Block Party
Don’t miss our FREE End of Summer Block Party and Outdoor movie on Saturday, September 14th at 5:30pm. Bigger and better than ever! Bring your lawn chairs and blankets and the whole family!
Food • Costume Contest • Activities • Entertainment • RC Juggles balloon art
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse will be shown at sundown!
Fun Food Vendors:
- The Fat Shallot Food Truck
- Bonique Gourmet Waffle Truck
- Royal Ice Cream Food Truck
- The Daily Grind: burgers, brats, dogs and mac n cheeese
- Brother Willie’s Sno Cones
Tables & Activities:
Come discover all the AMAZING work that is done in the non-profit offices of Gorton and our through our program partners. Participate in fun-filled activities with each organization and get your Block Party Passport stamped at every table to win a prize!
- A Safe Place
- Fill a Heart 4 Kids – Come tie-dye t-shirts and make friendship bracelets for homeless and foster children with Fill a Heart 4 Kids
- Lake Forest Symphony – Conduct an orchestra with the Lake Forest Symphony! It’s your turn to be the maestro!
- LoMastro Performing Arts Academy – performances
- The Playroom at LoMastro
- Super Soccer Stars
- Hollis Blume (Power Meditation)
- Nancy Morehouse (Personal Statement & SAT Classes)
- Spanish Classes for Kids! (Angie Avirama)
- Marina Boldrini Rivelis – Cooking Classes
- Drum Class with Helen Bond
- Active Improv
- Wiggleworms with Old Town School of Folk Music
- Jane Ott with North South Capital LLC
- Lynette Foss – Lyric & Lecture
- Baby Massage with Angela Marcotte
- Mighty Seeds Nutrition with Lisa Olson
Gorton Community Center will take and may use photos and videos from this event for its promotional purposes. Your attendance indicates your consent to the above.
By purchasing a ticket to an event at Gorton, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and/or I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending or participating in a program, event or activity and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at Gorton may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Gorton employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my or my child(ren)’s attendance at Gorton or participation in a Gorton program, event or activity (“Claims”). On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Gorton, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of Gorton, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any program, event or activity that took place at Gorton.
Artists, dates, times, prices and fees are subject to change.