Lead Infant Room Teacher
The Children’s Learning Center seeks an Early Childhood Education Teacher with calm demeanor in a busy environment. The position is in the infant room for 30-40 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
- Playing with and interacting with children in a positive manner, using positive language when speaking to children
- Planning and executing developmentally appropriate activities that target social, emotional motor and language development
- Working with children one-on-one and in groups, supervising activities, keeping students on task
- Serving snacks and using meals as a way to incorporate learning, especially social skills
- Introducing students to early literacy experiences through stories, games and art.
- Helping students interact and adapt socially through activities that promote group engagement and fairness, such as group experiences for music and parallel play for choosing activities
Individuals with an Associate’s degree or higher in Early Childhood are preferred.
- Team player
- Knowledgeable in early childhood education
- Comfortable changing diapers, feeding children and maintaining general room cleanliness
- Comfortable using technology to communicate.
- Respect for diversity
- Excellent listening skills
- Positive reinforcement practices
- Patience and understanding
- Tolerance for different learning abilities
DCFS requirements include a background and fingerprinting, medical exam, 3 reference letters, mandated reporter online training.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22 per hour
All teachers are wearing masks, as are students 2 and older.
- Associate’s Degree
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- Child Development Associate Certification
To apply, send resume to jobs (at) gortoncenter.org