Early Childhood Assistant Teacher
The Children’s Learning Center seeks an Early Childhood Education Assistant Teacher with calm demeanor in a busy environment. This position supports the classroom teacher in all of the duties listed below. The position is approximately 25 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
· Interacting with children in a positive manner, using positive language when speaking to children
· Planning age-appropriate activities and curriculum targeting areas related to child development such as social, motor and language skills
· Working with children one-on-one and in groups, supervising activities, keeping students on task
· Serving snacks and using meals as a way to incorporate learning, especially social skills
· Introducing students to concepts that are to be explored further in kindergarten, such as early literacy experiences
· Helping students interact and adapt socially through activities that promote group engagement and fairness, such as group experiences for music and parallel play for choosing activities
Individuals with a High School Diploma or Equivalent.
· Team player
· Comfortable changing diapers, feeding children and maintaining general room cleanliness
· Comfortable using technology to communicate.
· Respect for diversity
· Excellent listening skills
· Positive reinforcement practices
· Patience and understanding
· Tolerance for different learning abilities
DCFS requirements include a background and fingerprinting, medical exam, 3 reference letters, mandated reporter online training.
Hourly pay starting at $17