- This event has passed.
Gorton’s Back To School “Open House” on Sunday, August 26
It’s hard to believe that “back to school” is almost here! Gorton Community Center has been hard at work cultivating quality programming for both children and adults. We will have popcorn and a FREE Raffle Give-Away! So bring the whole family and meet our fabulous teachers at the First Annual Gorton Community Center Open House!
Highlights/Classes for Adults include:
- Sewing with Ciao Bella which offers classes for kids and adults
- Power Meditation: Find Your Happy Place with Hollis Blume
- Photobook class-Get your photos organized with Nick Gillenwater
- Knitting Classes-Beginning and Open knitting with Gretchen Seymour
- The Conscious Parenting Book Club with Lauren Bondy
- Personal Growth in Cinema with Victor Aronovich
- Canine social Skills and Dog Walking Class with Deana Noonan
- Palette and Pours with Deer Path Art League
- Tai Chi with Ken Ning
- Baby Massage classes with the Baby Doctor & Co.
Highlights/Classes for Kids/Tweens/Teens:
- Baby Sitting Boot Camp-Get Certified in CPR and First Aid
- All the World’s a Stage- Learn stage presence with Nicky Pitman
- Play On! with Nicky Pitman is a one-of-a-kind ensemble experience
- Girl Power! Nutrition and Yoga for Teens with Molly O’Neil and Jen Buettner
- Active Improv’s Jr Showcase Class with Ben and David
- Fashion and Advanced Sewing with Taylor at Ciao Bella Sewing
- Amazing Minds on Mondays! Join Amazing Minds after school and travel around the world
- Mandarin Performance Class with the Bilingual Rock immersion School
- College Essay Writing Workshop with professional writing coach Alice Moody
- Wiggleworms with Old Town School of Folk Music
Gorton Community Center will take and may use photos and videos from this event for its promotional purposes. Your attendance indicates your consent to the above.