The Drop-in Learning Center seeks a Pre-Kindergarten Teacher with calm demeanor in a busy environment. The position is approximately 20-30 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
· Playing with and interacting with children in a positive manner, using positive language when speaking to children
· Planning age-appropriate activities and curriculum targeting areas related to child development such as social, motor and language skills
· Working with children one-on-one and in groups, supervising activities, keeping students on task
· Serving snacks and using meals as a way to incorporate learning, especially social skills
· Introducing students to concepts that are to be explored further in kindergarten, such as early literacy experiences
· Helping students interact and adapt socially through activities that promote group engagement and fairness, such as group experiences for music and parallel play for choosing activities
Individuals with an Associate’s degree or higher in Early Childhood are preferred.
· Team player
· Comfortable changing diapers, feeding children and maintaining general room cleanliness
· Comfortable using technology to communicate.
· Respect for diversity
· Excellent listening skills
· Positive reinforcement practices
· Patience and understanding
· Tolerance for different learning abilities
DCFS requirements include a background and fingerprinting, medical exam, 3 reference letters, mandated reporter online training.
Salary based on experience.