Gorton Community Center in Lake Forest, IL is seeking a full-time Marketing Director. We provide a fun, challenging work environment that fosters teamwork, inspires professional excellence and encourages contributions by all team members. We look for a committed individual who will lead and develop marketing for Gorton events and programs creatively and efficiently. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, creating and implementing an annual marketing plan and strategy; marketing events, classes and films at Gorton, as well as resident partners’ and external clients’ programs/events which take place at Gorton. Candidates should be comfortable working with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), local on-line and print publications, making and maintaining local business relationships, creating marketing materials and email blasts and managing website content. S/he should be comfortable wearing all hats of a small organization.Job Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills and upbeat energetic attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University
- Previous experience marketing for a small business or non-profit entity
- Solid knowledge of Lake Forest and Lake Bluff communities
- Strong and creative writing skills for press releases, ad copy, and design of community boards, flyers and posters
- Technical skills to work with social media, local publications, and Gorton website and database
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010, Publisher, Excel, Adobe design, online databases
- Strong organizational skills
- Writing, Marketing, Media and Communications
- Nonprofit experience a bonus
- Market Gorton programs and events, resident partner and client events that take place at Gorton.
- Manage annual marketing budget.
- Develop and manage our newsletter, The Window, that is printed and distributed three times a year.
- Send out weekly and monthly email blasts for programs and events, community calendar updates, school updates, senior centers and newcomers groups.
- Write/design marketing materials for various meetings, programs and events, distribute locally using volunteers
- Manage Gorton’s fence sign boards as well as city sign boards. Design, have printed and deliver to city.
- Write press releases and develop relationships with local and regional media; continually update media list
- Coordinate to have events and programming photographed; manage photo database; recruit volunteer photographers for large events
- Manage website
- Manage social media websites including Facebook and related groups, Instagram and Twitter, Snapchat, You Tube – manage Hootsuite or similar account.
- Create ad copy and develop advertising plan for film and theater events
- Co-Supervise Intern/Volunteer Program
- Help program Media Wall and develop Media Wall slideshows
Job Type: Full-time – some evening and weekend work occasionally required to help cover events
- Marketing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- United States (Required)