The Development Associate assists in all areas of fundraising at Gorton, and manages the administrative tasks associated with annual giving and major gift campaigns, including management of the database. This is a 25-hour a week position, including some evening and weekend hours, and reports to the Director of Development.
Essential Job Functions:
– Assist and coordinate annual fund mailings and gift recognition process.
– Coordinate stewardship initiatives and communication.
– Manage donor recognition using Gorton media wall and annual recognition of donors.
– Create and implement a program book advertisement campaign.
– On occasion, attend various programs and events both at Gorton and around Lake Forest/Lake Bluff.
– Assist with grant writing and reporting process.
– Manage interns
Required Knowledge and Abilities:
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
– Strong technology skills and expertise in database management with programs like Raiser’s Edge or OvationTIX.
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
– Ability to take direction and follow through with minimal oversight.
Required Experience and Training:
– Bachelor’s degree and 1 to 3 years development operations or coordination experience.
– Knowledge of grant making processes.
– Knowledge of Lake Forest/Lake Bluff communities.